Friday, June 12, 2009

It's Orange. On Purpose.

Well, I can finally post a before/after picture of a room that is now 100% complete. It just so happens it is the smallest room in the entire house. We have high hopes to have the finishing touches on the kitchen and family room done this week. What a triumph that will be!

Before
(If I correctly recall, it was Aspen who loved this wallpaper and begged us to keep it.)


What we (mostly Randal) did: moved a wall to make the kitchen larger, moved the doorway to allow a sink other than a pedestal, tore down wallpaper (me. (and it stunk. (big time.))), moved the boiler pipe away from the toilet because...well, eewh...tile, new windowsill, paint, yada, yada, yada.

Oh, and two different toilets. I just couldn't make up my mind--tall and comfy or space-saving. Such a big decision. Randal refused to bring home a third.

After


Some details thanks to Etsy.


And since we're doing things how we would like them, a hand towel at grown-up level and one at kid level. Is that weird?


Okay, I wasn't entirely honest. It's not 100% complete. There is no caulk around the base of the toilet. At the moment we're all trying to pee very, very carefully.

11 comments:

Dana said...

Marian!!! It looks sooo wonderful!! What a night and day difference!! You guys did most awesome!! Can't wait to see the kitchen before and afters.

Janell said...

Looks great! We can't wait to see it in person!

Jenna said...

What a cute bathroom...nice job!

tweston said...

Love it! Looks great! Dana is right, major difference!

Crystal said...

WOW!!!! Love the color. Love the etsy find. (Funny...Neil & I were looking at something similar for a project we have in the works!)

Jill said...

Oh Marian! I love it, it looks great! I love the bird and the orange and the counters and it all. Great job!

The Wessman Family said...

I love it!!! The wall art is fabulous. I was just the other day looking for some for my bedroom (maybe).

Stacy said...

It is SO SO SO CUTE!

I am glad you went with the orange and didn't chicken out. It totally is SO nice.

You need to come and design my house because you certainly have an eye!

Heather said...

Love the orange!!!Might have to copy! Very cute! Great job guys!

Aspen said...

What!? You tore down the wallpaper? Have you no taste?

Nelson Nine said...

I love the orange! Cool. Good job you two!