We took a little trip to the big city.
We did miss out on seeing two iconic sites--the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty. Thank goodness the Toys R Us has the Lego versions.
Here is a bit of irony for you. The weather was as beautiful as one could expect NY to be in December. Well, until we tried to drive home that is. After several more hours driving in a snowstorm than we had expected we decided we'd better pull off and stay the night somewhere. It turns out we pulled off to the very same place we did last year after trying to drive home in an ice storm.
Go Scranton!
Oh, you're not getting off that easily. I'll be back tomorrow with more Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!
8 comments:
Sounds like the four of you had a wonderful time - Minus the scary roads! :-)
It's good to have you back. I hope that Randal is still at home. Did you get the quilt done? It's fun to be a part of your adventures.
Love,
Linda
Good! I like looking at all your pics! Crazy that you had to stop at the exact same spot.
Any Lego replica will always be a bigger hit than the real thing. I think they've done scientific studies on this and I have witnessed it with my own eyes. But I do think it is so cool that you went to NYC around Christmas. Just think Home Alone 2. :) (and good to see you blog!)
Looks like you guys had a great time! How fun to go to NYC around the holidays, so sad about the ice skating though. We love lego replicas around here.
So, So awesome, I spent Christmas in NYC 1year, I would LOVE to go back! What incredible opportunities this move has opened up for you and your family. I believe any amount of money is worth it to see a smile on my kids face.
Go Marian! Maybe I'll have the courage to update now.
Christmas in New York City! Awesome.
LOL about the ferris wheel!
Post a Comment