Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Door Shut

I've been absent from the blog scene for some time now. Trying to keep up with the nausea of pregnancy becomes a full-time job for me making the thought of blogging out of the question.

I'm feeling much better and am ready and need to start doing the things again that I love, one of which is staying in touch with family and friends who are so far away.

I don't even know how to say this. This is not what I would want to be writing, but I feel it important to explain.

Last week I went to one of my routine doctor visits and learned that our baby was no longer living. I was nearly fourteen weeks and had no indication anything was wrong. We are heart broken.

This is the reason I am feeling much better, however I would give anything to be sick right now.

Even though I feel very sad, I am so grateful for a loving and selfless husband, two fantastic kids and family and friends who love me.

Our family has had its recent trials, this being the pinnacle. Right now the lesson I'm learning in all this is that life is just hard sometimes--for all of us. Randal and I are hopeful a window will be opening for us sometime very soon.

Thank you for all your love and prayers.

14 comments:

The Wessman Family said...

Our hearts go out to you and Randal. We're so sorry to hear of your loss. Just the other day I was thinking about you - that I hadn't read any updates lately. We'll be praying for you and wishing you all the blessings and peace that you seek!

Gail said...

We are heartbroken for you! Our thoughts and prayers are always with you. It's hard to be of any real help this far away. But please know we both love you and are very sorry for your loss and for your sorrow.

It may feel hopeless at times, and you may feel very alone, especially this far from your family. But the Savior is always there. He understands our sorrows better than anyone. Allow the Spirit to comfort you as I'm sure you're already doing and know that you are LOVED!
-Mike & Gail

Linda said...

Dear Marian and Randal,
It's a good thing that this isn't paper or it would be very wet. I know what it's like to loose that blessing you are hoping for so much. I've learned a lot about heaven lately and I know that you will be blessed beyond your imagination. It takes some time, but God has a way of healing the hurt and sends angels to watch over you. The love never goes away, but He helps you move on and become what He has in store for you as His children. When this happened to you, I had a wonderful feeling that He has something very special in store for you both and tomorrow I'm going to the temple, on my birthday and I will remember you while I'm there. Know that I love you very much.
Love,
Linda

Erin said...

You and your little family are in our hearts and prayers. I type with tears in my eyes, but also feel very strongly that these things do happen for a reason. I know the lord loves you both very much and will send many blessings because of your faithfulness.

Jill said...

Oh Marian, I am so sorry. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

Becca Jo said...

That seriously blows. I'm so sorry!

Lisanne said...

I pop into your blog every so often, your kids have gotten so big! I am so sorry! Your family will be in our prayers.
Lisanne Pepper

Glenna said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It's a hard thing this life we live. Things never turn out quite how we expect. There is always joy too, but hard to see that when things like this happen. Our prayers are with you.

Stacy said...

I knew you were writing this, and reading it wasn't any easier. I am still so sad for you. I'm sorry. Call me day or night.

I love you!!

Aspen said...

Oh Marian, I am so sorry to hear about this. I know that we are all given trials in our lives, but this one is an extra hard one that I couldn't even imagine going through. I will be thinking of you...

Tawnie said...

I will be thinking of you. I am sad for your loss. These trials that we go thru truly are meant to make us stronger even though we feel so low. It is great to know the plan of Salvation and that Familis ARE Forever. It is these times that we can look back on and be proud of our selves that got thru them.
Hang in there!! Lots of love is being sent your way thru my prayers so you will get the time you need to heal.
~Tawnie

Crystal said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news, Marian! We've had hard trials recently and now that they seem to be drawing to a close, it reaffirmed to me that God really does have a plan for us and that things will work out better than we can imagine. I hope you can feel His love and see His hand in your life right now.

xo

Jefrilyn Ellison said...

I am so sorry! Miscarriage is one of the hardest things I have ever gone through! You are all in our prayers!

Nelson Nine said...

Marian, we love you guys so much and are so deeply saddened by your loss. A window always opens, but sometimes you have to look with your eyes open to see it. Life so often doesn't seem fair, but we know our heavenly father loves us and that every trial is for our good. I hope you find peace.