Trust me. She could not wait to be seven. Notice the "Birthday" is missing it's A and Y. She licked it off sometime during the hour (no lie) she sat at the table staring at her cake waiting for Randal to come home from work to celebrate.
She wanted to wear a dress to school to mark the occasion. She wanted her hair done the prettiest way possible. I asked her what she meant by that, and braids and pigtails were her request. I'm glad because it still makes her look little.
The wrapped presents tortured her. Especially the one from Grandma and Grandpa. For some reason she wondered if it could be a pool floatie. And, "Didn't Grandma know I can swim?"
Turns out no floatie, Grandma got it right. We didn't. Since her birthday we have had a bit of a tug of war over her new bike. She outgrew the bike she learned to ride last year, so naturally we thought it would be a good birthday present. She will not ride it. She is afraid of falling, all over again. I don't know what we're going to do about that. What I do know is this girl does not do anything until she is good and ready.
This year has brought a little bit more interest in boys. She got really embarrassed at the prospect of revealing one when she used more than one breath on her candles.
Seven. I know I always say I'm having a hard time with it, but I can't help it. I could freeze her in this spot a little while longer. She is sweet and loving. She loves her friends. She loves school. When she learned we were going to miss one day of school for our trip to Puerto Rico, she was not happy. She didn't want to miss her teacher and mess up her attendance record for the month. She is definitely a "lark" and probably always will be. She is always up early and most pleasant in the morning. Though do not try and rush her. Ever. That pleasantness will instantly disappear. Adelaide is very thoughtful, opinionated, kind and shy. She is a pleaser and a perfectionist like her mom. Something I hope she masters a bit better than me when she grows up. She is Daddy's girl. She still drops everything when he comes in the door to give him a hug. I get plenty of them myself too. Love you, Addie girl!
3 comments:
She can't be 7!?! I just told Abby this morning that I would like her to be 9 forever. She said, "Mom you are so funny!"
Her cake turned out so good! I can't believe she is 7!!
7?! That is crazy! She a very beautiful little lady.
Post a Comment