I've been sewing nativity costumes with fabric that belonged to Aunt Bessie. It has made me think of all the Christmases we spent with her.
On Christmas Eve we kids excitedly waited for her to come to stay. It seemed like she would never come. When she did, Christmas officially began. She often slept in my room which really felt like an honor. Socks, Santa, gifts all waited until Bessie had her morning shower. (She didn't always run on kid time which just intensified the anticipation.) She would join us in her shower cap and give us all kinds of love and attention with each present we opened. She brought ties for the boys, perfume gift packs for Mom and I, and Brut for Dad. Every year. Remember that?
She made my childhood Christmas. Later came Uncle George and Grandma Rimington who made it even better.
I miss them.
Merry Christmas.
3 comments:
Hi Marian,
What a great memory! It's great to remember all the childhood fun we used to have and still do!
Happy New Year!
Love,
Aunt Linda
I miss her dearly! Christmas just isn't the same without her.
Oh the memories. Thank goodness we get to take them with us!
Post a Comment