Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Crush

Is it weird to fall in love with a grocery store? Right or wrong, I officially began my affair with Wegmans today. (I put a link because their site has great recipes.) This is why:

1. It's beautiful inside.
2. Some of their prices rival, and sometimes even beat, a certain big-box store we all know and "love". Plus, I have the added bonus of not feeling my soul die a little as I do when I hand money over to WM.
3. Wegmans is the perfect marriage of utility and specialty foods. I'm excited to learn how to make sushi rolls. I found Wegmans to have not just an Asian section, but three isles of Asian grocery. I came home with all my supplies.
4. After a failed attempt to grow basil myself, I was thrilled to find mature plants I can continue to grow at home.
5. We ate lunch in their cafe. Not bad. I'm always a happier shopper when my belly is full.
6. Finding the mini shopping carts for Adelaide to use ultimately pushed me over the edge into full on Wegmans devotion. It's as if Maceys has come back home to me after a long, heartbreaking absence--only ten times better because of a selection that far exceeds Western Family's wildest dreams.
(photo taken last year at West Jordan's Maceys)

6 comments:

Jared Ward said...

Holy Crap! I can't believe I haven't mentioned this place before. One of our favorite things about going back to PA in the summers is that we get to shop at Wegmans. I LOVE that place. If they sell Romolo's chocolates there (they are made in Erie, PA) your should buy some. It's the best chocolate I have ever had! I am a little jealous of you right now. You get to shop at Wegmans and I am stuck with everything else that feel a little like Wegmans sometimes, but in the end falls short. ENJOY!!

Becca Jo said...

Eli hates when I make sushi because he doesn't like the smell of the cooked vinegar. Now whenever he smells vinegar he says, "ew it smells like shushi in here."

Crystal said...

Ooooohhhh...that place sounds lovely. My soul dies a little each time I go to WM too. Glad I'm not the only one.

Amanda said...

I love the soul dying comment. You're hilarious. And I love that your boy always has a had on. I think I'm going to get my boys in that habit.

Nelson Nine said...

Enjoy you shopping! Sushi rolls sound terrible but good luck. Your kids are still two of the cutest kids around!

Janell said...

You'll have to fix sushi when John comes to visit! I know that's a favorite of his, or was that octopus? :-)