Before
After

And now a stroll down memory lane...
I get that the before photos do not give a full picture of what it looked like. I wish we had taken a broader picture instead of a bunch of close-ups. Let me just say it was ick. And as you can see, the fridge, dishwasher, sink and stove were on top of each other leaving the only cupboard space to the upper cabinets.
So we pushed back this wall:

And now a stroll down memory lane...
I get that the before photos do not give a full picture of what it looked like. I wish we had taken a broader picture instead of a bunch of close-ups. Let me just say it was ick. And as you can see, the fridge, dishwasher, sink and stove were on top of each other leaving the only cupboard space to the upper cabinets.
So we pushed back this wall:
To make room for this:
Then we switched the location of the sink with the stove to make for a better counter configuration:
Randal added 7 can lights in the ceiling and, at the last minute, under cabinet lighting.
Really our kitchen has been functioning for many months but for one final detail--the tile back splash. We have worked on that for the past two weekends. After literally a total of 24 hours tiling we were about to light these matches and burn the joint down.
But when it was finished the effect was amazing and may just be my favorite part.
No, this is my favorite part:
So are we hanging up our DIY tool belts?
Nope.
At the present this is our master bathroom:
Oh, even in such a state it's not the worst of the bathrooms. This is:
Complete with it's matching shower curtain.
We've got a long way to go.
12 comments:
You certainly do have lots of talent at the Nelson home. It looks great!
Love,
Linda
Marian and Randal, it looks fabulous!
But....I think you should leave the main bathroom exactly how it is! I, for one, LOVE the matching shower curtain! Ha ha! Just kidding!
Holy Cow Marian!!! and I thought I had construction going on...you have truly had an eventful year.
The kitchen looks AMAZING...and I LOVE the diagonal look on the back splash. It was well worth the extra time.
I love when construction projects come to a final end and you get to enjoy the fruits of hard work. Always worth it in the end!! Good luck with your bathroom and congrats on your kitchen.
How do you even find a shower curtain that matches your wall paper?!! I really need to find that store, because that would be AWESOME!
Your kitchen is freaking cool.
so pretty! that's HARD work. give it up for the Nelson's!!
you have done a beautiful job, on your beautiful home!
woah! you guys can come do my kitchen next! That looks amazing! Good work! And I think that was wise of you to decide the wallpaper and matching curtain weren't quite for you....
Good thing Randal didn't inherit Dad Nelson's jeans--the kitchen looks fantastic!
Way to go!!! It looks awesome!! The most important rooms in the house are the kitchen and the bathroom. Can't wait to see what the bathroom will look like..I am sure you never wnat to leave the kitchen right now and the bathroom will be your time out area!!
I am SO behind on reading blogs! I just saw your kitchen! IT IS AMAZING!!! Good job!! I love the back splash! I love the diagonal tiles! Everything looks SO BEAUTIFUL! Good job!
Fantastic! Who would mind cooking and cleaning in a kitchen like this one! :-)
BEAUTIFUL!!! come get my house done for me! :)
Post a Comment