Thursday, February 4, 2010

Knock Me Over With a Feather

A few miracles occurred around here this week.

First. I was asked to participate in a stake missionary workshop and share some food from Russia. In a valiant effort to make all the youth in the stake gag, I made borsht (beet soup). And guess who ate an entire bowl without complaining? Ethan! I'm shocked. And thrilled. But mostly shocked.


Second. Finally, half a year later, I got over my fear of putting nail holes in our new walls and hung a few pictures.

I realize now, looking at this picture, that one is awfully crooked. I'll go fix that immediately.


And third.
We found out we're expecting a baby!

We wanted to wait a bit to tell everyone. I lasted a week.

And since that bit of news may not make you as happy as it makes us maybe this will:



You can tell I'm pregnant. I cried all the way through this clip--three times. I don't know why. I just think that must have made those travelers so happy.

23 comments:

Belinda said...

Yea!!!!

The Wessman Family said...

That is wonderful news! I am so happy for you (even happier than the video made me which was still pretty happy).

Linda said...

Marian,
How exciting! I'd cry too. When is the great event? I can't wait to tell grandma.
Love,
Linda

tweston said...

Marian! That is so exciting! I am so very happy for you! :D And that video was pretty amazing!

Andrea said...

Yay!! Congratulations!!

Janell said...

Grandma and Grandpa are pretty excited! You can never have too many grandchildren! :-)

Erin said...

Yea!! for you, That is so awesome congratulations!!!

Amanda said...

Congrats Marian! That is so exciting. Good luck!

Crystal said...

congrats!!! how are you feeling? i remember you being really sick with your first two. When are you due? I hope you're feeling good and this pregnancy is smooth sailing!

xo

Valerie S said...

Congratulations on the new baby! That news made me very happy but watching that video again made me happy too!

Jill said...

Congratulations! How exciting! How are you feeling, has it been going well. I have not hung up very many pictures and it will be five years in this house in April. Sad, I know. That video made me want to learn the dance and I smiled throughout.

John said...

Congratulations!

Michael said...

Congrats, sis! Three's a whole lot different than two, but at least Ethan is old enough to help out. Emma has been quite helpful with our latest little tax deduction.

Dana said...

Okay - not so much the pregnancy hormones. I cried at the video too. Cried even when I read your exciting news. We are thrilled for you guys!!

Janell said...

Wow! I think you've won the prize for the most comments! :-) No fair, though. How can anyone beat the news of a new baby!

Gail said...

WOW! Congratulations Marian & Randall. Truthfully I was wondering when you guys were going to catch up. Mike's right 3 definitely proves what you are made of as a parent. But it's true what they say, once you can handle 3 you can handle anything. Good luck with the morning sickness - I know you get really sick, hopefully this one will be different. Sorry we won't be much help this far away, otherwise we'd be inviting 2 little cousins over quiet a bit so Mom could throw up in peace & quiet.

Gail said...

P.S. That video did not make me cry. What are all of you guys talking about!?
Although when I was pregnant with Rebekah I cried when Charlotte died at the end of Charlotte's Web. And I cried so hard I had to call Mike at work for comfort.

Tiffany said...

YEAH!!! Congratulations....we are so happy for you~

Nelson Nine said...

Wow, I am not sure that I even need to comment there are so many but Congratulations a million times! So happy for you! Wish you were closer so we could help out. Oh, and Mother's cry at everything whether they are pregnant or not! haha

Shelly said...

I am so excited for you! Congrats!~ You had better be planning a trip to Utah soon after so we can meet your new addition and enjoy a fun lunch together!!!!

Jefrilyn Ellison said...

Congrats! When are you due?

Unknown said...

Congrats on the beet soup hit! I remember when you made that after you got home... still the only way I'll eat beets! ;) I am so excited about your announcement! Congrats!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! That is great news! The kids must be so excited :)