Now picture it laying in a bucket, on its back with four sooty, lifeless paws pointed stiffly heavenward.
That's what the chimney guy pulled out of our fireplace today.
I gladly paid him $162 to get the stinking, rotting thing as far away from here as possible.
Living near the woods comes at a high price--although you could argue it was squirrel who ultimately got the raw end of the deal.
8 comments:
Okay, now I don't feel as bad having to do John's bird duty over the weekend. Your situation sounds much worse. Yikes!!
I remember when grandpa A brought home a squirrel in a cage. I had it in my bedroom. I put it right by a new pair of pants and the next morning there was a nice round hole in them where he'd eaten them. He was moved pretty fast. If it smelled anything like the mouse in our wall, I feel sorry for you.
Love,
Linda
It could have been a snake. I seem to recall that one of my kids let a garden snake loose in the house. It smelled awful so I'm very sympathetic!
I guess you should be happy that it didn't make it all the way down the chimney??
We had an infestation of squirrls at our Mayfield property and they are very destructive. Worse than mice.
Now you don't have to worry about what to have for dinner!
Ummm yuck! Try having your dog get one who had been taunting her for weeks. Broke the poor things back and we found it clinging to the fence. My kids were bawling and dragging the dog back in the house. Meanwhile Preston picked it up with a pair of gloves and we put it in a shoebox and left it for Mark to take care of. It did manage to die on its own though!
Umm...that's just gross and I see a lot of gross around here.
Post a Comment