Sunday, April 11, 2010

Four

Adelaide turned four today.

Four?! Where did the last four years go?

She is such a big girl. I complained to her about turning a year older. She promised me she will be three again tomorrow.

This little girl is one of my favorite people in this entire world. She makes me laugh. She is thoughtful and helpful. And lucky me, she loves to snuggle. I think she is in tune with the Spirit without really knowing it yet. She has been such a support to me that past couple of weeks. It is as if she has sensed that I have needed a little extra love.

Adelaide is very detail oriented. Things must always be done a certain way. She turns out lights that are not supposed to be on. She studiously colors. She does not like being reminded a second time to do what she has been told. Don't be thinking she always does things the first time she is asked. No, it just means she heartily complains when things have to be repeated. "I know!" she says in the most teenagery voice she can muster.

Adelaide is our tiny contrarian. She can be as angry as she is happy. She is as shy as often as she is outgoing. And she can be just as sweet as she is a pill. One thing she is quite consistently is stubborn. (She gets it from Randal. I say that only because I'm too stubborn to admit which parent she may actually take after.)

The thing is, we wouldn't take her any other way.

9 comments:

Stacy said...

This had me laughing! I loved your stubborn line!!

Addie is SO cute! I can't believe that she is 4!

Happy Birthday Addie!!

p.s. CUTE CAKE. Good job Mom.

Valerie S said...

I can't believe she is 4 already! What a sweetheart to help you. You have great kids.

Dana said...

I love Addie :) She is so cute and looks all grown up now!

Janell said...

Where has the time gone! Tell her that Grandma and Grandpa love her very much and hope she had a wonderful birthday!

Gail said...

Happy Birthday Addie! We love you!
You're such a cutie :O)

-Uncle Mike & Aunt Gail

Nelson Nine said...

She certainly is a blessing to all around her stuborness and all! Happy Birthday Addie!

Amanda said...

I remember her coloring studiously from a very young age. I was very jealous when Mads was still throwing crayons across the room right after he bit a chunk off of it.

Linda said...

So happy to see that things are looking up for you. Cute little four year olds are a wonderful blessing. I wish she was here to play with Kynslie. Keep smiling. We love you all.
Love,
Linda

Jenna said...

I am so sorry for what you have been through lately! I know how fustrating and sad that can be from experience. Life isn't easy, that is for SURE! Hang in there!
P.S. I made my blog private. I need your email if you want an invite. Let me know.