The month started with Randal letting them up on the roof. My two chicken-hearted children were liberated by the experience. I, on the other hand, was freaked out of my mind. That is why there is no picture. I was too busy praying they'd be safe to take a photo.
Later, while Randal was again on the roof working, Addie popped up to join him having climbed up the ladder all on her own. Although I am proud of her bravery, I think we are mighty lucky nothing terrible happened. Or that we still have custody of our children.
And for my sanity (as well as for my mother's who will read this), the ladder is now safely put away.
The kids are learning to use chopsticks. It's hard to see in the photo but Ethan has a single kernel of corn between his chopsticks. One kernel at a time, that is how he ate it. I lack that kind of patience.
Same dollar store kite quality as last year's.
5 comments:
Good thing the kite didn't get in the way of those telephone wires :)
Glad to hear Adelaid survived two trips up to the roof. I'm proud of her actually. My one trip up to the roof had me clinging to the edge in complete terror.
All I can say is I would be a nervous wreck over the whole situation. I'm glad you still have two children.
I loved my experience kite flying with my dad. Mom watched.
Love,
Linda
I can't believe you let your kids on the roof!!! You never told me that!! That sounds more like something I would do. (But I wouldn't...so it's like we are reversed).
My heart starts pounding just thinking about those kids on the roof!!!
I heard the roof story. I'm glad they are okay!
Post a Comment