Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Konnichiha

Randal has spent a lot of time in Japan the past six months. Although we are so proud of him for successfully managing a project there, we have missed him terribly.

However, the necessity for him to be away over Thanksgiving gave way to an opportunity for the kids and I to join him in Japan. And boy did we have a great time, despite seeing this right out of the gate.

It's hard to decide what out of the nearly 300 pictures I took might be of interest. Perhaps I need to do it in increments so as to keep the posts on the shorter side.

We visited a bird house near Randal's plant. I've never seen so many birds flying about. Owls, flamingos, emus, toucans, you name it.

The bird house had a banquet room full of hanging flowers and vines. It was gorgeous. I wish the picture could show how immense the room looked.

Now Adelaide was not so fond of feeding the birds. But she relented to a picture near the swan.

Until this happened.

Birds are just too unpredictable for her.

But marine life tucked safely behind glass?

That's more her pace.

We visited the Osaka aquarium where Ethan saw his favorite animal--the Japanese Spider Crab. Strange choice, but very impressive as large crabs go.

He also managed to pet a shark or two.

Again, no Adelaide.

She avoided to issue and busied herself doing this:

The entire time.


It was so funny. She'd look through her pictures and say she needed to try again to get a "better shot." Where do they pick this stuff up?

More to come. I have 290 more pictures in addition to Adelaide's to sift through. This could go on for weeks!

2 comments:

Dana said...

YAY~!!!...and again, I say...YAYY!!! some pictures from Japan!! I look forward to the future posts! Good luck sifting through all the pictures :)

Stacy said...

Those are some AMAZING pictures you took! THey look so professional!

I had to laugh because when I saw Addie standing next to the swan, I thought, there is no way that I would stand next to a swan. They are mean. THe next picture proved that. :)

I can't wait to see more!