Round two: a ferris wheel, a castle and a camera.
First, look how cute this little girl is! I totally did the tourist thing and asked her mother if I could take her picture. Actually, I just pointed to my camera with a pleading look. Though I did manage to say thank you.We thought the little Japanese girl was so cute. Well, Adelaide didn't do too bad either. She was given candy on three different occasions. She began to refer to it as her "cute face" candy. She and Ethan were sure, if given more time on the subway, we could collect even more.
Osaka, Japan is home to this:

Once the largest ferris wheel in the world. Now it is second to the London Eye.
The four of us had a great debate as to whether or not we would be riding it at some point during our stay in Osaka. Randal and Addie were all for it. Ethan and I, not so much. Ethan suspects he is afraid of heights. I am certain I am afraid of ferris wheels. You can likely talk me on to any roller coaster for they are over in a few seconds. But a ferris wheel? They are just slow enough to allow ample time to think of every horrific thing that can go wrong, and just how little you can do about it if it does.

Ethan and I lost. And as you can see, he is a traitor. Not afraid in the slightest. Me? Well, I didn't take these pictures, Randal did. I tried to go to my happy place for the fifteen minutes that my entire family hovered far above Japan.

I won't be doing it again.

We visited the Osaka Castle. The grounds are surrounded by a moat, then surrounded by the very modern and metropolitan Osaka.

We learned it is one of the more famous of the castle in Japan, probably thanks to this guy...whoever he is.

And this is what Adelaide did that day:

Again.
Cute.
Worth the candy for sure.
3 comments:
Looks like you're going to have two photographers in the family! :-)
So fun Marian! I did not know of your fear of ferris wheels, made me laugh this morning!
I just saw this post! I love it! I want more pictures! (I am going to have to go back and see if there are more posts. I haven't checked blogs in a really really long time!
This is also the first time I am seeing Addie with her CUTE CUTE face in glasses!! She looks SO adorable!
Post a Comment