For those of you who don't know, R. is now a project engineer for a large glass production company. This area is well known for glass.
Next to his company's offices is a glass museum. We decided to check it out. We didn
What we did do, however, is schedule the kids to participate in glass blowing. During the month of October children can blow their own glass pumpkins. We knew the experience would be lost a bit on A.M. but that E.R. would enjoy it. He did not disappoint and asked a lot of questions, so many the young man teaching them couldn't help but laugh.
The kids were able to choose their own colors for their pumpkins. They both chose orange pumpkins with green stems--the first traditional pumpkins of the day according to the glass blowers. R. leaned over and whispered they must be subconsciously influenced by my need to have everything fit and conform. I emphatically stated I was, in no way, to blame for our children's choices in pumpkins. But honestly, who would NOT choose an orange pumpkin with a green stem!
E.R. blew his pumpkin first. He did great once he got the hang of it. A.M. lasted two surprisingly good puffs on the blower then she no longer wanted to wea
4 comments:
She looks so old! She has grown up so much since the last time I saw her!!
Hi Marian--We are happy to see your blog and are so glad that you all are doing well in NY. Mike and I are also looking for jobs and will likely make a big move within the next couple months. We'll look forward to keeping posted.
--Marinda Wessman (Mike from ZARS' wife)
What a fun activity. Glass blowing has always interested me.
I can't believe how grown up Adelaide looks! She's such a pretty little thing.
What a neat experience for your kids. I love the pumpkins!
Post a Comment