Thanks to Family Fun I found a last-minute Easter activity--paper mache eggs. A little messy but a lot of fun.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Egg-Cellent
Yesterday Ethan had the day off from school. It was a little too chilly to spend any kind of time outside and I was very busy handling a renovation complication. By mid-afternoon I started to fell badly that the kids had done nothing all day.
Thanks to Family Fun I found a last-minute Easter activity--paper mache eggs. A little messy but a lot of fun.
As Adelaide was intently working, her egg brushed up against her forehead leaving a sticky piece of tissue behind. Each time she tried to focus on it her eyes would cross. It was so dang funny. I cannot believe I managed to get a picture.
Seeing this had been so funny, Ethan wanted to join in too. His piece of tissue was intentionally placed but his desire to make me laugh was sincere.
I wish I could show a lovely picture of our 3 beautiful eggs, but they cracked and ripped during drying. I was a paper mache dropout in grade school. What made me think this time would be any different? Oh well, we had an hour of fun together and I do not feel compelled to keep the projects hanging around, so win win anyway.
Thanks to Family Fun I found a last-minute Easter activity--paper mache eggs. A little messy but a lot of fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
These look way way fun!! I'm so proud of you sitting down and doing the craft with your kids - I need to try that sometime versus leaving them to their own devises when they do their crafts.
wow, those are big eggs!
That looks like a lot of fun. You can't say you are neglecting your kids. Every time I log on you have done something so fun.
I need to call you to help me with my blog. Jaron said he would because I am so seriously computer dum, but we haven't had the chance.
Anyhow I still enjoy yours.
I never (well, hardly ever) keep crafts either. That's why blogs are good. You take pictures, post them, and throw the craft away. It is much better that way anyway.
Somehow I missed this post!! That looks like so much fun. You are such a good mom!
Post a Comment