My kitchen has been reduced to this:

We're making progress don't you think? Who needs anything more that an old stove anyway? Running water is highly overrated. And...walls schmalls.
It may not seem so, but we made incredible progress this weekend. Randal took a few vacation days to get the kitchen ready for cabinet installation tomorrow. Some issues were resolved and we were able to sneak in time to finish enough of the wood floor to make way for the kitchen professionals. Thanks to Andy and Patrick for all their help Saturday. Tomorrow the kitchen will begin to be a kitchen again. I cannot wait!

Many of you have asked for pictures. I haven't wanted to post the mayhem until I have great after shots to show we don't actually live in a shack. Soon.
In the meantime, let me wet your appetite with these:

old door

new door
What will we be doing for food in the meantime? Well, McDonald's changed their happy meal toys. I consider our slate wiped clean when new toys are offered thus erasing my shame. Yet another bonus to get us through the next few weeks!
(Addie with TWO McDonald's watches. Oh there's a third one kicking around here somewhere. See what I mean by shame.)
6 comments:
Can't wait to see it Marian! I love the difference the new door makes.
you've got me on the edge of my seat! Hope you all survive.
hang in there...and hopefully no more mouse sightings :)
How did it go? Are you loving your new cabinets? Remodels-bad. New kitchen-good. I love reading your blog.
Boy, do I remember what it felt like to have my kitchen totally non-existent! It can feel like there's no end in sight! Of course, it makes the finished room feel like heaven!
Keep up the good work. You guys will be professionals when you are done!
Post a Comment