Sunday, May 3, 2009

Fundraiser

There are times I'm really sorry I don't have my camera with me.

Saturday, the scouts hosted a rummage sale/pancake breakfast fundraiser. With Randal in YM we spent a good portion of the morning in the church parking lot.

To pass the time during the afternoon lull, three of the priests sorted through the "merchandise" and managed to find three equally tacky pairs of sunglasses. They sat themselves down on a ratty $8 couch, put on their sunglasses and tanned their faces using cookie sheets.

I wish I had a picture.

Other things I would have liked to photograph:
1. The mangy plush parrot Randal bought for Andy's boy for a nickel. Andy was thrilled.
2. In retaliation, the ugly women's shoes Andy tried to send home with Adelaide.

So I'm thinking I need a camera that fits nicely in my purse. Any suggestions?

(PS--We talked about honesty at church today. That was not my rear. I haven't seen light between my legs since I was nine.)

5 comments:

Jill said...

I have a Nikon Coolpix that I have been happy with I think it is a s510 or something like that. It is compact enough to fit in my back pocket and it has a lot of features. The video turns out decent for a digital camera if you are worried about that. Oh-and it is purple, which probably added to its appeal.

Kelly said...

We have a little camera too, we were hesitant about it, because of size, but we absolutly love it! It's a Kodak easyshare Z885. It was an emergancy-leaving-for-Disneyland-in-the-morning-and-our-camera-just-broke purchase. We figured, take it and if it sucks, return it after the trip and try again. We ended up really liking it.

Amanda said...

I take all my pictures and videos with my little Canon. I love it. It is barely bigger than a cell phone. I almost always have it with me. PowerShot SD1000 Digital ELPH... it is 7.1 mega pixels, but I bet they even make them better now. It is about 4 years old now.

I wish I had a really nice camera with a great lens and all that, but I'm not sure how often I would even use it. Mine is just more practical.

Dana said...

We have a Cannon Powershot SD1000 7.1 megapixels and its small enough to carry in my purse. It goes with me wherever my purse goes as I've been in the same shoes as you wishing I had my camera! It's amazing how many times you need a camera spur of the moment. Alas, it was fun picturing the boys in my head sunning their faces! Chuckle, chuckle.

Nelson Nine said...

Honesty isn't all its cracked up to be. I'm shocked!