This is my son in his current, cool weather pajamas. Sad. Sad. Sad. They should have been replaced last year, but I was too cheap and too lazy to get around to it. (I don't even know where the matching top went. I think it gave up the ghost and literally disintegrated in the washer.)
Realizing this year there would be no way his pajamas would keep him warm for the mere fact they no longer cover a majority of his body, I got off my duff and sewed him several PJ bottoms. Paired with knit shirts from #@!-Mart the cheap side of me was satisfied as well.
Such an embarrassing level of procrastination warrants cookies too. Don't you think?
If that's not enough to convince you I deserve the cookies, let me sweeten the pot. As we speak my son is lounging in his new pajamas after I picked him up from school for ralphing in class--all over himself and one of his classmates. What kind of mother sends her kid to school sick?
I win again.
6 comments:
I am still laughing at the thought of him throwing up on his poor classmate...do you think he will be scarred for life? Totally just kidding!! There is no way you could have predicted that Ethan was going to puke at school.
I wish I lived closer to bring cookies to celebrate your fun pj sewing. The bottoms look darling!
What a day you've had. I well remember kids doing the same thing. It's very unpredictable. The pjs are great! Keep smiling. Yes, you do deserve cookies.
Love,
Linda
LOL!
I freaking love this post!
Rhon came home from school one day and said that the librarian wanted her to tell me how much she is coughing, and that maybe she should stay home from school. It made me feel stupid. Especially because if I was at school and I heard a kid coughing terribly, in my head I would be talking bad about that kid's mom.
P.S. You aren't getting any cookies from me either.
Me again -
I was thinking last night that you and I need to invent something where we can predict when our kids are going to throw up. Once we've got that completed, we'll be rich!! So, do you have any grand ideas?
My throw up espisode was with Nikki while I was there helping with Valentine's Day in the classroom. She told me she didn't feel well but I wanted to do my game. After she threw up in the waste basket, the teacher suggested that she could handle the game and sent us both home. haha Great PJs. I am soooo impressed.
Good mothers get their money's worth out of everything and I'd say you got your money's worth out of those pj's! :-)
Post a Comment