As I said earlier, we were in Utah and Idaho for the holidays. It was so good to be with our family and friends again. Before we knew it we were packing to come back home.
I was not too hopeful for a terrific flight home. In Utah we had snow. Our flight was early. The kids were Christmased out and tired. We had a layover in Las Vegas. And once arriving at the JFK airport, after a 2-hour time change, we would be getting in the car and driving 4 hours home.
Really the flight went great. Our largest bag ended up weighing exactly 50 pounds. The time seemed to pass quickly. The kids did well. I was surprised.
We arrived in NYC to rain. Not bad. However, after just 2 hours on the road, the rain had turned into the kind of freezing rain for which the east coast is famous. We stopped over and over to knock ice off the wipers and windshield. R. was stressed. A.M. was bawling. This is when we decided to pull off and stay the night at a hotel. Good decision. The next morning the news was reporting over-night accidents on the highway we had been traveling.
Nothing rather remarkable to say about the stay except for the exciting fact that we were just outside of Scranton, PA. So we gave a shout out to Jim, Pam, Dwight and Andy at Dunder Mifflin Paper Co. and went to bed.
We woke up to ice sheets covering everything. I've never seen anything like it. R. had to chip away at the ice to open the trunk and car doors.
We finally made it home. Yeah! Two days later, our driveway and most parking lots are still like sheets of ice. As we got out of the car today, A.M. said, "Be careful-ly, Mom! It's very, very slipper-ly." That girl loves her adverbs.
5 comments:
Oh man! No Beet B&B to be found??? Total bummer.
You guys were at our ward Sunday? We didn't get to see you! You should of grabbed us. Your kids are so cute. I hope you had a great
Winter break!
Suzy
ps -that is an awesome picture of the ice on the branch. I love pictures like that.
Suzy
Sorry we missed you too. I am glad you are back near your computer, because I have been missing your up-dates.
Ice is scary. That it a super cool picture though.
Post a Comment