For the most part his interests have remained with children's products. But last night, in the car, he noticed a billboard for Progressive car insurance. He launched into a HUGE explanation about how we could save on our car insurance if we were safe drivers. He figured I could probably save but Dad wasn't a safe driver on account of his speeding tickets. "So Mom," he finished, "You can 'call or click today' and save some money."
Let me just emphatically mention my kid does not watch that much TV. We were, in fact, driving home from the library when this conversation took place. He happens to have his dad's uncanny ability to accurately memorize lines from movies, television and music extremely well. (At least that's what I tell myself to justify any bad habits.)
7 comments:
Just think how handy his memory will be in High School.
Wow! Your Ethan is one smart cookie! I agree with Andrea...it will come in way handy for school down the road.
I used to be able to sing jingles from commercials I had only seen once or twice (can't do it now!) My brother always accused me of watching too much t.v. but I know that is not the case. Ethan is very smart. That is an adorable picture.
Every boy in our family seems to go through a stage where they try and educate you on commercials that peak their interest. Is it a boy thing? It's so funny and Ethan is so smart.
So my mom already beat me to my comment... but Jacob to this day, loves watching infomercials. He was always SO convinced that we needed to buy whatever it was they were selling. Now.. Brooklyn is convinced about a couple of products. Bendaroos, and some type of hair thing that makes you look like you have a beehive. She said, "Mom, I'm tired of the same old hair. I need a Bump It" or whatever it is called.
Having 8 nelsons living in my home, I totally understand!
Hence, I got Aquaglobes from Isabella on my last birthday. They are still clamoring for the Magic Bullet.
Post a Comment