Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hot Mess

I must confess...

I wore open-toed shoes to church on Sunday. I painted my toes, in the car, as we drove. But only the ones that would be seen.


I still haven't fixed it.


For the first time in my life I bought two of the same skirt--one in my current size, and one in the size I'd like to be.

Even more pathetic, I made my mom buy the larger one for me...

in Logan...


the day after Mother's Day...

as there were none to be had in my region of the country.
(Thanks, Mom.)


The hair dresser cut my bangs crooked. I think, everyday, I should call and arrange to have them fixed. But I probably won't.


My mascara is lumpy. It will take me another three weeks before I manage to buy a new one. I cannot seem to remember to purchase something I only put on maybe twice a week.


I ate a fistful of Whoppers while I typed this post. I won't be fitting into the smaller skirt anytime soon.


But they were so good I'm headed back to the
kitchen for more!



So, Mom, your trip will not have been in vain.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Loved the blog and the toes. I'm afraid to say that you are not the only one that does those things or they happen too. Wouldn't it be nice if things just went right the first time. How dull would the world be, I guess, if things always went right. You're the greatest. I love reading your blog.
Linda

Kellianne said...

This is hillarious! Please tell me you went out in public like that. I am very impressed that you were able to paint so steadily in the car!

Amanda said...

Whoppers? My weakness is peanut m&ms.

Heather said...

I am glad I'm not the only clever one not painting all my toes!

Michael said...

Marian, you kill me! Love the post.

Stacy said...

You are so funny!

Dana said...

I read your blog yesterday, but didn't have time to comment until today. Just so you know...I have thought about you numerous times today and yesterday chuckling every time I think about your half painted toenails. What a hoot!

Janell said...

I can't believe you managed to paint your toenails in the car without red streaks up your toes! :-)

By the way - it's a cute skirt!