Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Blueberries

I said we put Grandpa to work during his visit. Oh, we put Grandma to work too. We took her to a farm in PA for blueberry picking, knowing full well she wouldn't be able to take her spoils on the airplane and have to leave them with us.


Adelaide was a blueberry picking machine. She stuck by Grandma the entire time, picked only the blue ones and served as excellent quality control making sure stems did not find their way into the bucket.


Ethan picked about two cups. He didn't whine, complain or tromp down a blueberry bush so I was completely satisfied with his contribution. I think his favorite part may have been the ride on a little bus from the farm to the patch and back. That and being with his friends.


As for me, I'm thrilled to have 7 bags of blueberries in my freezer at $1.60 a pound! I don't mean to keep rubbing that in, Mom (he he). Hopefully the blueberry muffins Adelaide made today will help ease Grandma's burden of going back to Utah's berry prices. We're going to miss her!

8 comments:

Janell said...

Too bad you readers can't taste the muffins! They were yummy! Definitely worth all the berry picking! :-)

Jenna said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, blueberries.

Dana said...

okay, now I have a hankering for blueberry muffins. Luckily, I get to hopefully enjoy some of your baking expertise while you are in Utah next month.

Any chance I can talk you into making some scrumptious cinnamon rolls again? I'll make my famous chocolate chip cookies in exchange (sorry the amount of time is totally unequal, but it's all I have to offer)

Stacy said...

You shouldn't rub it in for us either! That sounds like so much fun!!!

Kelly said...

Yummy! I'm jealous! That looks like so much fun, we picked huckleberries at Brian's parents, they were yucky I thought. This looks much tastier!

Gail said...

My cupboard has two blueberry Betty Crockers mixes in it right now, somehow I don't think they would taste as delicious as fresh blueberry muffins. Thanks for starting a "craving session" for us pregos.

Amanda said...

If you eat enough blueberries, you get blackish purplish poop. It is pretty entertaining.

Andrea said...

AMANDA!!! Good grief!!!