Monday, July 27, 2009

Reveling

We've had company the past week and a half. My dad, mom, brother and sister. And it has been fabulous! Here are some highlights.

The Hill Cumorah Pageant. Great fun. Ethan loved meeting "King Noah". Currently the story of Abinadi and King Noah is his favorite BOM story. (We suspect it has something to do with his morbid fascination for burning.) Ethan asked this actor if he was going to drink real wine like the real King Noah. It threw him for a second.


Joseph Smith's farm and the Sacred Grove. Honestly, the most beautiful place I've ever been.


We've been a few other places, but truthfully we brought my dad out here to put him to work. He built us a mantle for our fireplace. In return we gave him a 10-year-old mattress to sleep on in an unairconditioned home. We're hoping the utter admiration from his grandson is enough for him to want to come back. Ethan said, rather amazed, that Grandpa sure was a good builder. And we need Dad to come back. We'd really like a new deck! ;)
(I'm teasing, Dad. I so appreciate all your help and advice. Randal and I have felt at times like we were drowning in this house. We really needed your encouragement. I love you.)


We have had so much fun with our guests. Every morning Adelaide comes into our room, early, asking when her friends are going to wake up. And every night our kids go to bed exhausted. This night Addie didn't even make it to her bed:


There is so much more, but in an effort to keep somewhat brief I'll leave it for a future post. To keep you on the edge of your seat, you can look forward to:
1. Randal's new nickname, Captain Gangsta.
2. My new calling. Aghhhh!
3. Ethan's junk sale. Literally.
and
4. The big reveal of my dad's mantle (once I paint it).

10 comments:

Dana said...

It's so good to see another post again!! I've missed you :) Good to see that you put dad to work and I can't wait to see pictures of your new mantle :)

Andrea said...

I haven't been to the Sacred Grove since I was 10! I hope we can take the kids there in a few years. We want to know what your calling is...don't keep us waiting.

Stacy said...

Finally a post!!! Will your dad come to my house and make us a fireplace mantle? We need one too!!

I'm glad that you've had lots of good times with your visitors. I'm just sad I haven't gotten to talk to you in WEEKS!!

I can't wait for you to come out here! And I can't wait for you to start your new calling.

Valerie S said...

Marion
Loved the picture of your daughter. It made me laugh out loud. Seeing your pictures makes me want to go tour New York!

M. Nelson said...

I know where you all can stay if you want to come visit New York. (The mattress really isn't that bad!)

Jill said...

I can't wait to see the mantle! I'm sure you'll be great at your new calling, it always just takes a while to get acquainted with new ones it seems.

Amanda said...

Oh man! I can imagine all the difficult questions he comes up with!

tweston said...

That picture of Dad and Addie is so stinkin' cute!!!!! Poor Addie, so tired!!! I miss you! Can't wait until August!

Gail said...

Hope you don't mind putting us up soon. That trip sounds like so much fun. Of course it may have to wait until after Disneyland - we've been promising the kids and then this last pregnancy put it off and they (mostly Emma) were so disappointed. Maybe an Auntumn/Anniversary trip for Mike and I next year.

Nelson Nine said...

I'm on the edge of my seat!