She wanted a Dora the Explorer birthday cake. I'm still without water in my kitchen so the idea of baking and decorating a cake seemed more complicated than usual. My friends kindly offered their places to decorate, but I eventually settled on store-bought cupcakes atop Dora plates. In the end Addie didn't seem to mind.
(term coined by Randal for plastic bling)
As if a birthday sugar high wasn't enough, we had Easter the following day. Thankfully the Easter bunny hid more Play-doh than candy. He must have known our kids would still be buzzed.
We had a wonderful weekend. Because of the non-stop fun, both my kids are napping right now so I continue to consider the weekend a huge success.
Lastly let me say, I am so grateful to a loving Savior who would condescend to come to earth and sacrifice His life on my behalf. I love the springtime. Every year it seems to awaken in me a renewed desire to live the gospel. I'm thankful for this sacred time of year.
10 comments:
So is Addie's dress from the Children's Place? Long story but Abby ended up with 2 Easter dresses and the one looks a whole lot like Addie's orange dress. I love that dress. She just didn't wear it yesterday. (She's wearing it in our header pictures. Is it the same one?)
Yes, it is the same dress. I noticed that back when you changed your header, Marinda. I love the dress. And I love that it is something other than pink. Addie also ended up with two Easter dresses. I just can't help myself!
I can't believe she's 3! We are in for it! She's so cute! I was going to get that dress in the turqoise but got the plain one instead, I kept telling myself she could wear the last years one but I loved the bright colors! I love the childrens place girl clothes! You need to post a pic of the outside of your house, would love to see!
I still can't believe she was born before Mads. We had the same due date! That's just not fair.
I'm glad she had a good day. I hope Mads feels the same.
Pling. I love it!
Wow! 3 years ago!!! Cute girl.
I am so jealous at what good friends you have!! I wish I could be there for you!
Oh Marian I miss you! These pictures are just wonderful. I show Kayla your blog often, she always asks to see Addie. Tomorrow I can show her Addie, three years old, just like her. She told me today "I'm old like you mom, I'm three!" I'm happy to let her believe I am three too.
Tell Addie "Happy Birthday" from us! We wish we could have been there. And tell Ethan he looks so handsome in his new Easter clothes! Lots of love to you all!
Two Easter Dresses...Now that is a marvelous idea! I will be more prepared next Easter :)
Addie is getting so big! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Easter and birthday. Love you lots!
What cute kids!
Post a Comment