Conference was inspiring. Although a number of talks involved stories of children dying. I bawled like a baby through most of the sessions.
The Cutler's invited us over for breakfast Sunday morning. Delicious French toast. Thank you. We had such a great time I'm thinking we will adopt the tradition of having a family over from the ward next Conference Sunday. (Hopefully, the kitchen will be done by then.)
Randal has been in Japan the past week. We're just getting by until he comes home.
Our kitchen cabinets were installed. Beautiful. New appliances arrived Saturday. Fabulous. Now we're waiting out the two weeks until the counter tops arrive--that means no sink or dishwasher until then. Interesting.
It snowed today. Blah.
The kids have been getting along really well which is a blessing. The photo (above) was taken after Ethan helped Addie repeat a talk the two had written for FHE.
Their talk (including spelling):
My famly is nise.
My famly is good to me.
I love my famly.
My famly lets me play videyo games.
My famly is good to me.
I love my famly.
My famly lets me play videyo games.
(I cannot even tell you how proud I am of the fact that of the four sentences they could have chosen to describe our family one contained video games. I'm throwing the Wii in the garbage!)
ER ended last week. I'm still sad.
9 comments:
Where are the pics of the new cabinets? I am totally upset about ER being over too :( I can't believe how old i was when i started watching it. Time flys. Cute kids!
I think my kids would have had mentioned video games first! Mine are off track and the first thing I hear everyday is "Can I play the Wii?"(UGH)
I was hoping for so much more out of the ER finale. I can't believe it is done. Thursdays are my must see nights with Office(of course) and ER.
I am sad about ER as well, but I think it will really hit over the next few weeks when I watch nothing on Thursday nights.
Can't wait to see your new kitchen! Good luck with the no counter top/sink situation. That should produce some blogworthy material.
I meant to ask you how you felt about ER! I hope you get through the next few day of Randal being gone as painlessly as possible!
At least the video game wasn't listed first on Ethan's list. The nice family came first! I used to love to watch ER but some of the characters got so annoying, mainly Abby, that I quit a couple of years ago.
I agree about Conference having too many stories about children dying. I cried all through the story about the woman who lost all her family. Those children were exactly Stacy's kids ages. Other than that the talks were wonderful.
If/when you put the Wii in the garbage, would you please let me know. Also, would you place it in a bag or a box to protect it. One last thing, if you could carefully place it on the top of the trash, or maybe if the Wii was the only thing in the trash that day, I would really appreciate it. I wonder if your sanitation department there has shipping to Utah?
Thanks :)
I hear you sista! We are going through a 'Barker Unplugged' phase right now. I'm sick of all the begging to play the PS3 or Game Cube. I've even had to unplug the kids computer downstairs because Wyatt keeps sneaking down there to play it.
Post a pic of you new cabinets soon!
ER...I still can't believe it's over. I should have called you so we could reminisce. I thought they did a really nice job with the finale. I can't believe I was such a devoted follower for all of their seasons. Some seasons were definitely better than others, but I still enjoyed the show. Hmmm...now what am I going to do on Thursdays? I guess I'll just have to watch Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy.
I promise you will survive the loss of ER and what is a video game? haha
Post a Comment