So we're always late to church. Always. We were late when it was just the two of us and blamed it on late nights studying. We were late when we had babies and blamed it them. We were late when church was at 9am and blamed it on being too early. But, we were late when church started at 1pm too.
We decided to turn a new leaf with this move. Didn't happen. Until yesterday...
The morning started out as usual--the kids were extra slow, I couldn't find anything I wanted to wear, etc. We piled in the car knowing we would, yet again, be our usual five minutes late. Halfway to the church, I mentioned how embarrassed I am over our tardiness (knowing full well it's often my fault). R. groaned and said, "Well, you're in luck, we're early." Yep, we forgot to turn our clocks back.
Speaking of church...I'm the YW adviser for the beehives (12/13-year-olds). We have a good group of girls making the calling quite fun. Last week I introduced the lesson to the girls by telling them it was a very important topic and I was particularly excited to be teaching it.
Before I could even share the topic, one of the more clever girls said in mock disgust, "I sure hope it's not about the law of chastity. We already had that one. Talk about awkward!" I assured her I would be shaking in my boots if that were the topic so they were safe for another week.
2 comments:
I love the first day after daylight saving time. And I just got put into YW's as well, I am 1st counselor, so over Mia Maids. It's a big gear shift from Primary.
Post a Comment