Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a GREAT Thanksgiving. We hope you all did too.

While I was baking, R. got the kids ready. E.R. came into the kitchen to tell me, quite triumphantly, that Dad had let him do his own hair. A few minutes later he came back with a self-made tag taped to the front of his shirt using a dozen pieces of tape. His tag read: "I can fix my hair".

This started a flurry of tag making--one for each of us.








Dad's read: "Dad is a vairy good frend"
Mine read: "Mom can be hlepfull"
A.M's read: "A.M. is vairy cutdt (cute)"

He didn't stop with us. Labels began to appear all around the house.









Signs are everywhere--on fixtures, shoes, windows, stairs, etc. My favorite is the computer marked "cunpwoder". While E.R. was busy making sure we knew the contents of our house and using all the tape, I made this:
And it turned out just about perfect!

We had dinner with our new friends the Wilcoxes. We were, however, just about dis-invited to Thanksgiving dinner because the Wilcoxes are BYU fans and did not appreciate how we weaved a bit of gloating into our Sacrament Meeting talks last Sunday. (The rivalry is alive and well, even in NY.)

We had a wonderful time. We have so much to be grateful for this year, and every year. We have incredible kids, a great family whom we missed, and fantastic friends both near and far. We are so blessed! We love you and wish you a warm and happy holiday!


8 comments:

Crystal said...

Love the labels! I can't believe E is even big enough to write so well.

Your pie looks amazing!!

Amanda said...

I'm thinking you got that pie picture from a magazine or something. Come on, fess up! Just kidding. I want me a piece of that. (ewww! that sounded kind of gross)

Stacy said...

Holy cow E is SMART! Your pie is GORGEOUS! I've tasted your apple pie before and it's good!

Jenna said...

I probaly would have had a hard time having ute fans at my thanksgiving table too!

M. Nelson said...

Amanda--it's all mine. That's why I took a picture. A pie that didn't sink in the middle, burn or boil over is a rare treat around here. I needed documentation.

Amanda said...

That Barenaked Ladies/Sarah McLachlan song is my absolute favorite Christmas song ever!

Just thought I would share that. Nice choice.

westfam said...

Hello Nelson's. It was so great to hear from you. We just started blogging a couple of months ago and found out it is really addicting. Your blog is awesome and that pie looks like it came out of a home making magazine. Goodbye for now!!

Janell said...

We sure missed your homemade pies at our celebration! There were a lot of store bought pies!