I stayed up later than R. Being alone, I found myself turning out the lights, running like a bandit up the stairs and climbing safely into our bed. I left our door open so that we could hear the kids in the night.
At 4 am. I was awakened by our door slowly, slowly creaking shut.
I laid in bed, heart pounding, wondering what to do--should I wake R. or should I open the door and accept my fate. I decided to man-up and check it out myself.
The low-lit hall was empty. A.M.'s and E.R.'s doors were open. (They had been shut when I went to bed.) A.M.'s room--empty.
It was in E.R.'s room where I found my ghost--sitting there looking at books in the dark while her brother lay sleeping, undisturbed. Curse the day A.M. learned to open her bedroom door!
So as it turns out, there was nothing to be afraid of--well, except, that is, for the frightening deposit my little banshee left in her diaper. I should have woke R. up after all!
1 comment:
LOL...kids! man you had me on the edge of my chair and by the end I was chuckling away.
Post a Comment