Later, I looked the word up in the dictionary. "Precocious" means "bright"--something, apparently, I am not. Despite his mother's less than stellar aptitudes, E.R. has lived up to Grandma B.'s assessment.
He loves school. Last week he woke up vomiting. I told him he would need to stay home from school. He broke down into sobs. He was sure he'd miss a fun project if he stayed home, he said.
He loves to write notes to family and friends. Most of these letters consist of some sort of paper creation. I have snipets of paper all over my house as he cuts and pastes his latest projects. Lately, he's taken to making Ben 10 watches--remarkable copies, really. We've each, generously, received many prototypes. I went to bed the other night thinking there was something strange about my pajama sleeve only to discover I hadn't removed his latest model. Shhh...Santa found a real Ben 10 watch on Amazon.
He's also extremely loving and a great big brother. He left a lot of friends behind when we moved. Friends he misses very much. He doesn't seem to mind letting A.M. fill in the gaps, even though she's only two.
I get too impatient too often with him. I'm writing this to remind myself how great I've got it when I feel myself losing my cool. I really love this kid!
3 comments:
The watches are so cute-but who is Ben 10? Are there kids near you guys for your kids to play with? Or have you not met enough people yet? We missed you at our last birthday dinner.
Dare would LOVE one of those watches! They probably would have played together really well. Why didn't they? Hmmm...
Oh my goodness! That is so funny. My kids are always making paper creations also. That watch is pretty ingenious!
Post a Comment