Sunday, November 9, 2008

Primary Program

Today was the Primary program in Sacrament Meeting. I thought I would feel so content just sitting in the congregation instead of being the one responsible. I actually felt a little sad. When the Primary children sang their first song, I naturally started singing with them until I realized I was the only one on our pew. I miss the kids in our old ward.

I did enjoy seeing E.R.'s face when he gave his part instead of the back of his head like last year. He did a great job. That kid does not hesitate in the slightest when speaking in front of anyone. I wish his excitement for talking translated into a desire to sing. I think he managed to chime in on the last song, and that was about it. Instead we were the proud parents of the waving, yawning boy who occasionally wowed the congregation by balancing on one foot.

If E.R.'s talents weren't enough to impress our new ward, I'm sure once combined with A.M.'s uncanny knack for shrieking "Stop it!" over and over right at the most reverent part of the Sacrament prayer is enough to win them over.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh! I bet that was sad to have been there when the kids learned all of those songs, and then to not be a part of it!

Next year.. You'll be relieved. Especially in January at the changing of the gaurd. Oopps.. I mean classes. ;)

Amanda said...

I love the Primary Program. I was a little worried about ours this year because my kids didn't even get their parts. I had to call Kasi the night before and ask her what they were supposed to say. And they released Lisa like 2 weeks before it. I guess she helped though. But it turned out really good.

You're funny. I'm sure your ward loves you despite the screaming.