Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Love My "Grill"

Today the electrician came to upgrade our electrical box. For a good portion of the day we were without power. Without Dora the Explorer to occupy A.M. while I checked on all your blogs, she and I spent the day entertaining each other. By mid afternoon we'd blown through play dough, dollies and Hi-Ho Cheerio; so we sang silly songs while snuggled under blankets because, man, it got cold!

The thing I love about this 2-year-old is her creative vocabulary. She says things with such confidence; and when corrected, she looks at me as if I'm the one saying everything wrong. Some of my favorite A.M. words:
"laugha-bet" = alphabet
"toad-a-wee" = totally
"Mom, this is toad-a wee, toad-a-wee, toad-a-wee yummy!" That's when I know I hit the mark with dinner--3 "toad-a-wees"
"squish-squeeze treats" = rice krispy treats
"grill" = girl
"clickly" = quickly

And my personal favorite:
"sh#@!" = ship
Lately, this word is used quite frequently because she is toad-a-wee, toad-a-wee into Buzz Lightyear (as shown in the picture) and is constantly wandering around the house looking for his sh#@!

I had fun today A.M.!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Haha! I love 2-year-old vocabs. Especially when they try to talk to each other. Sounds like you had a fantastic day!!

Andrea said...

Wyatt loved to say 'See that big flag!' and leave out the 'l' in flag.
Nice.

Amanda said...

Oh man. I laugh so hard when my kids swear (accidentally of course). It's probably not the best reaction, but I can't help it.

She is a chubby-cheeked version of your husband.

Janell said...

I still remember when you let loose with your first "swear" word. Grandma Rimington was visiting! She was so shocked. :-)

Stacy said...

That is SO funny! Brooklyn sounded like she was saying the "S" word yesterday when she was saying ship. She was saying it over and over and I had to listen closley to hear the "P".
And try as she may, the only way she can say girl is to say Grill.

It was toad-a-wee funny!

Kelly said...

I still remember when E. used to say "toast dammit" when he meant toast with jam on it! Aren't kids darling?!