I wanted to try a wheat/white bread mix in the Thanksgiving stuffing, so I purchased some white bread. E.R. was literally overjoyed. You've thought I'd brought home a puppy.
Earlier this afternoon E.R. turned to his dad and said, "We got white bread, Dad. Do you know what white bread is?"
Without waiting for his answer, E.R. pulled a piece of bread out of the bag, "See, this is white bread. Because it's white in the middle. See. See."
"As opposed to wheat bread that's brown in the middle?" R. asked.
Pleased he'd been able to teach R. a thing or two, he answered excitedly, "Yah! That's right, Dad!"
4 comments:
That is so cute. Mike and I got a good laugh out of it. We hope that you have a very nice Thanksgiving tomorrow!!
That is hilarious! We are big wheat bread people too. My sister always buys wheat bread, tortillas, pasta, etc and when she brought home brown eggs once, her kids asked her if they had to eat wheat eggs too. :)
G.S. was doing our turkey so I sent an e-mail to ask if she was doing the stuffing in the turkey or should K.R. pull out his dutch oven. This was her reply: "I haven't ever done stuffing in a turkey!! Can't even imagine it!!! So that would be great if he wants to try it in the dutch oven (I can't allow stovetop though :-)" I laughed for hours.
Post a Comment